Naval Architecture and Marine Engineering is the art and science of designing boats and ships to perform the missions and to meet the requirements laid down by the prospective owners and operators. It involves knowledge of mechanics, hydrostatics , hydrodynamics, steady and unsteady body motion, strength of material and design of structures.
As POSEIDON we have experience in a number of fields of engineering, as well as in the field of engineering economics. We do understand the characteristics and properties of construction materials and are familiar with the latest and best methods of fabricating parts and joining them. Like other branches of engineering, we involve estimates and predictions of the final performance of the marine strtuctures and vehicles and all its parts and of initial and operating costs. We make such calculations while the ship is still in the paper stage in the form of plans and specifications.
- Conceptual Design - including Feasibility & Economic Studies;
- Naval Architectural Design - including Hullforms, Stability, Powering & Seakeeping;
- Structural Design - including Finite Element Analysis when required;
- Engineering & Systems Design - including Piping works;
- Equipment Seating Design - including Cargo Seafastenings;
- Interior and Exterior Design & Styling
- Drawings & Specifications
- Steel / Aluminum / GRP / Wood